Ideal Mexico HE18 error code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have change a failed pcb to the new orange one inc a new front as it had completely died and shop said old front not compatible with new orange back. set the jumpers etc and i now have power it flashes up 1 9 when you first turn it on which is what the instructions say it should do it then flashes H3 the old pcb had burnt out the big blue transformer which is why im assuming the revised board but i cant find anything on the web relating to my model of boiler there has been mention of thermistor error for h3 on other models also is there a common cause as to why the pcb's fail thanks in anticipation for any help you may be able to provide

Sponsored Links
Just a thought have you put jumpers in right place, always thought H1 was thermistor fault.

There is a lot more help in the CC if you are Gas safe registered.
I know this is not gas related, but join there are some top engineers in there.

hi
going by the instructions assuming they are right for the HE18 i think it was 1,2,5 the old one was 1,2,4 if i change them i get a 2.5 on start up and an H5 error

i shall call IDEAL tomorrow and see if they can give me the answer was just wondering if it was something i could fix tonight

Sponsored Links
If the Mexico had a White board and you changed it for an orange one then you need to change the user control too depending on serial number of user control.
This is explained in the instructions that come with new pcbs

hi thanks for your input i did change the user control a quick call to ideal and h3 on he18 means jumper settings wrong its 1,2,5 although 1,2,4 should also work and jumper 1 on the user control and all is good

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back