Ideal Mini C28- no heating or hot water!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The light next to the red ignite button is not on,the pilot light is also not on. Could it be that the fan is broken or something else? Any help gratefully received. Derek

Sponsored Links
There isn't a pilot light on these, so that one is not a fault.

Is the green light on the left flashing and if so how quickly?

Sponsored Links
The pressure is fine. Things are happening within the boiler,but the fan is not coming on at all,and no gas coming into the boiler.

There is a fault!

If you were competent to open the boiler and expose the left hand side of the PCB cover then you could follow the book to put the boiler in the diagnostic mode and see what the coloured light shows the boiler thinks is wrong.

Tony

Thanks Tony,

I've got the boiler exposed. I'll see if I can get the diagnostic up and running.
My tell number is 07808410805,if you have the time to bell me in an hour or so,I'll call you straight back.

Many thanks,
Derek

Thank you Tony,

The system is working beautifully-thanks to you and your advise!

I'll keep in touch.

All the very best,

Derek & Fran

There is a fault!

If you were competent to open the boiler and expose the left hand side of the PCB cover then you could follow the book to put the boiler in the diagnostic mode and see what the coloured light shows the boiler thinks is wrong.

Tony
Hi, I just read your reply to this problem. I did not know that there was a diagnostic available on a C24. Mine packed up yesterday - no lights or noises. I do not have a lot of electrical knowledge but have a mate who is an electrical engineer (no experience with combis though). You mention a 'book'. Is that the original one which came with the unit. If I looked hard enough I could probably find it. I downloaded a copy of the user guide from the net rather than go searching in the attic. Are there any in line fuses which could have popped? (always hoping for the cheap and simple). Any help or advice would be appreciated.

The boiler is about 18 months old and has worked perfectly until now.

Fuses dont "pop".

They blow when the rated current is exceeded. That happens when there is a fault in the boiler.

Faults are not fixed by just changing a fuse. It has to be diagnosed and dealt with.

Tony

Fuses dont "pop".

They blow when the rated current is exceeded. That happens when there is a fault in the boiler.

Faults are not fixed by just changing a fuse. It has to be diagnosed and dealt with.

Tony
Even I knew that part of the answer. I was hoping for a couple of tips on how to run a check. Thanks anyway for taking the time to reply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back