Ideal mini c28

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can anyone help me with my Ideal mini C28?

I have heating but no hot water. Basically I have heating whenever I put it on. but when I turn the hot water tap on it runs hot for a little while but then the boiler stops firing and I get no hot water.

I have checked a few things after looking at old posts on this site. i.e the little red led comes on. also the pin in the diaphragm seems to pop out as well and the microswitch works.

Also if I havent had the heating on then the hot water seems to work fine. its just when the heating is on or has been on.

can anyone point me in the right direction to what might be at fault?

thankyou.

Sponsored Links
The most common problem is the pin but you say that is working fine.

If that is so then there is another fault but without being in front of the boiler all I would be able to do would be to make guesses which are a waste of time.

Tony

The most common problem is the pin but you say that is working fine.

If that is so then there is another fault but without being in front of the boiler all I would be able to do would be to make guesses which are a waste of time.

Tony

Hi,

right I have had another look at it and yes your right I can see the pin not making contact with the microswitch. However this only seems to happen when I turn the hot tap on on the bath. When I turn the hot tap on the basin it seems to work fine. I have tried this various times with heating on and off with the same results. To me this makes no sense why it works with basin but not bath? do you think the pin needs replacing? or could it be something else?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Not logical to me either but the circuit temps will differ so that may be the clue!

Usually dirt inside the boiler or a blockage in pump impeller!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back