ideal mini HE 28 intermittant ignition

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had plumber out to this intermittant fault, had 2 thermista's changed , no improvement , had boiler serviced - no fault detected, this has cost 150 so far and i am no further forward, the boiler just does not fire but intermittantly it does fire , i've had 2 plumbers out and no-one has managed to fix it as yet, can anyone help ?

Sponsored Links
i paid 85 for the fault to be fixed and 65 for a boiler service and certificate to say it had been checked, the fault is still the same, i can;t afford to pay any more money, i was wondering if i could fix it myself ??

Sponsored Links
the pilot light is failing, there is no flame, u can hear it trying to ignite, it will sometimes fire up , then cut out a short time later - this happens for heat and hot water

could be a number of things, but would need investigating by a good RGI by the sounds of it. I would be looking for anyone you use to guarantee the repair and not charge for anything that doesn't help.

All it needs is a competent boiler engineer who has a no-fix no-fee policy as ALL engineers should have.

An independent would usually charge about £70-90 plus parts.

I also say complain and ask for your money back if its not fixed! Less the cost of the thermistors which did cost him something.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back