Ideal Response 120 - Heat Exchanger

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My IdeaL Response 120 just over 2 years old has failed with a blown heat exchanger.

I have seen some notes on the web that suggests this is a known problem as the boiler is too powerful for it's on good !.

Does anyone else know about this ?

Sponsored Links
I'm sure Ideal know ALL about it. Wail at Ideal - sale of goods act an all that. H/e's should last more than 2 years. The boiler is a write-off, unless you can get a very cheap spare AND someone prepared to fit it.

is it really only two years old, I thought they stop making them four years ago!

I have two clients waiting for heat exchangers for an ideal but cannot source one as ideal say it is now obselete

buggers aint they

Sponsored Links
I know of a supplier with 2 120 heat exchs in stock. I believe they are the last 2 tho.

Speaking to ideal engineer today and recons that boiler spares should be available for 10 years ,because ideal cant now supply the heat exchangers, if you order one from hrpc they will put you in contact with ideal who will then replace your boiler free of charge :D

Is this true? Has anyone been able to get this replaced FOC?

And when the poster above says 'order from hrpc'..... what is hrpc please??? :oops:

no it is not true

you have to pay for them

and ideal still sell the heat exchanger to fools who want to repair this nightmare

(check the date this post is TWO YEARS OLD)

HRPC is now parts centre

and you have two hopes of getting an ideal response 120 HE from them and one of them is bob ;)

I have 1 reponse 120 heat exchanger in my garage , whats it worth ?

lor said:
I have 1 reponse 120 heat exchanger in my garage , whats it worth ?

as it happens i too have one in my garage

lets set up a price fixing cartel lor

we have cornered the market ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back