Ideal Response 120 not heating water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got an Ideal Response 120 which you've recently helped me fix when it was over pressurising. Recently I've found that its stopped firing up consistently when I turn on any hot tap. The central heating system seems fine, but I have to repeatedly turn the sink hot top on and off and listen to the boiler until I hear it fire up, but even then the hot water delivery is erratic. I presume its a simple case of the water heating system not working properly, but where do I start?

Sponsored Links
You probably dont go any further than the DHW flow switch which may not be responding to the demand. Fiddly to get at and about £25, might be cleanable.

If it fires up reliably for heating then its combustion side is probably OK. The combustion side would need a CORGI experienced with your model.

Tony

titusyouclown said:
I've got an Ideal Response 120 which you've recently helped me fix when it was over pressurising. Recently I've found that its stopped firing up consistently when I turn on any hot tap. The central heating system seems fine, but I have to repeatedly turn the sink hot top on and off and listen to the boiler until I hear it fire up, but even then the hot water delivery is erratic. I presume its a simple case of the water heating system not working properly, but where do I start?

I agree with Agile but make sure you get the flow switch the correct way round and located with its lug in correct position.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back