Ideal response 80...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, seems these boilers feature a lot here! Anyway my problem having read through these pages appears to be similar to no air in the expansion vessel (pressure drops when off, rises upto 3 whn swithced on and the safety valve passing water). However I'm a little unsure if it just a case of repressurising the vessel. Is this the grey sphere behind the large front cover? If it is I've tried to pump up but it doesn't seem to want to accept air. Am I doing something wrong or is there another problem here?
Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
ya ant been pumpin up the mini exspansion vessel on the cold mains hav ya? think the exspanion vessel ya need to pump up is norm red and on the right of the boiler.. sys also need to be drained with a open end, pump it up to 1bar and ya might need to change the prv as they dont tend to seal once they've been operated

I see the red expansion vessel, with a drain tap underneath but I can't see a schrader valve or whater it is to admit the air. Where does it reside on these?
Thanks again.

cnt remember ant done 1 for a while, hav ya had a look on the top? it deff will hav 1 :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Thanks Gaz, found it under a cover on the top, water drained and air pressure topped upto 0.5 bar and then water refilled to 1 bar. So far so good... :eek: Pressure has risen a bit an PRV seems ok.
Might have earnt mi sen a pint :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back