ideal response 80

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
please can any one help,i have the above boiler,yes i know you lot hate them but this one is my holiday home and only used for 3 summer months a year so still fairly new.
found boiler not igniting on thursday,called local engineer from corgi web site,he diagnosed a defective fan as fan not working,he exchanged the fan this did not work so he changed pcb40,this did not work and the fan wiring harness was exchanged and still no fan running.he has followed the makers instructions and has phoned caradon technical,this chap is doing his best but has any one got an ideas,replies like scrap that ideal rubbish boiler and fit a new one are not required.
thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
is there a light coming from bottom right hand corner, behind pressure gauge (which should be showing about 1bar)

has it had the flue overheat stat modification done?? could be that or the water pressure switch??

THere are loads of things on this, really have to be infront and follow the fault finding chart through testing components with a multimeter!!

engineer contacted me yesterday to say he has an idea and wants to visit on monday.bank holiday.
he turned up this morning with an electrician and the fault was diagnosed to the fused spur,for some reason only 105 volts going to boiler.
now new fused spur fitted and all up and running.
all parts not required not charged for,as the engineer has a good repuation with his parts supplier.he says as long as the original boxes/packageing is ok they will take them back.
so now happy in hastings.

Sponsored Links
what's weather like in hastings today?

he turned up this morning with an electrician and the fault was diagnosed to the fused spur,for some reason only 105 volts going to boiler.
now new fused spur fitted and all up and running.
all parts not required not charged for,as the engineer has a good repuation with his parts supplier.he says as long as the original boxes/packageing is ok they will take them back.

You mean to say he changed a fan, pcb and harness without checking any voltages??? :eek:

Plenty,if you have a decent relationship with them.

I often go to boilers armed with loads of stuff on spec ,yes even PCBs and I always buy much more than I need with plumbing stuff which is returned for credit with no charge.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back