Ideal Security Solution

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

This is my current situation:
  1. When I moved into my current house a few years ago it had a wired and a wireless alarm system. The wired system is connected but not active and the wireless one is live and works but unfriendly. I want to remove the wireless system and to upgrade the wired one by using the existing cabling but replace the sensors and controller plus install new window sensors.
  2. I also have an existing CCTV system but want to upgrade that - looking at the Dahua 4MP cameras
  3. There are halogen flood lights and separate PIRs outside the house. These could do with an upgrade
I can upgrade all these individually but want to know if there is a good integrated solution. Even though I have sensors inside the house, I want to be able to detect burglars BEFORE they enter the house. The Dahua cameras have motion detection but I also have the standalone PIRs outside - usually these just trigger the floodlights. I want them to trigger a notification to be sent to me plus say a dog barking sound to be played. When I receive the notification I should be able to trigger the house alarm sound. I want to avoid as many false alarms as possible.

What are your suggestions? Are my assumptions right and would you suggest a different approach? The ability control everything via an app would be ideal

Sponsored Links
Sorry, I can tell you how to install a wired alarm system, but not to integrate everything you want. But I suspect they can be standalone systems, and still work effectively. If the external PIRs swithc the lights on, then if you can find a dog barking sounder, then that can be linked into the PIR/lights. If you've got to wait for a notification before you "sound the dog", then you may miss it. If you have vibration detectors on the window frames, then as soon as they try and break in, the alarm will go off, so as long as there are no bushes or trees outside, then you shouldn't get false alarms, and even with an integrated system, you can't guarantee not to get them anyway. A good CCTV system can be set to only record on changes of movement, so although they would all be seperate, they are still working in tandem.

But with CCTV cameras on the outside of the house, and alarm bells back and front that have alternating leds in them, you've got enough deterants to make most burglars think twice.

You could add this little item https://www.amazon.co.uk/Electronic-Intruder-Security-Activated-Speakers/dp/B0051EAFOG

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back