Ideal Sprint Combi Boiler No Hot Water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have an Ideal Sprint combi Boiler and the hot water doesn't work. The heating is fine. I have no intention of looking at it myself and have booked a Corgi engineer. I would like to know what it could and how much it's likely to cost me. I don't want to be ripped off.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dave S

Sponsored Links
from that discription it could be anything , more info would be nice

Could be the diaphragm in the diverter. These things are ancient, don't be surprised if he finds other faults with it.

from that discription it could be anything , more info would be nice
I know nothin about boilers. All i can tell you is the heating is working fine but absolutly no hot water. When the heating is on, I get a small amount of hot water but then goes cold.

Sponsored Links
Could be the diaphragm in the diverter. These things are ancient, don't be surprised if he finds other faults with it.

Thanks. I guess I'll just have to wait for him to take it apart and see.

What's a heat exchanger?

Diaphragm gone in divertor sprint is now 22 year old so getting to its end of life

Diaphragm gone in divertor sprint is now 22 year old so getting to its end of life

Thanks namsag,
If it is. Is it repairable and roughly what will the cost be.
I understand that it's an old boiler and may need replacing. Once again roughly how much can I expect to pay for a new boiler fitted. It's a small one bedroom flat. It has four rads.

Thanks for the info and your time by the way. :)

Totally repairable and they work well that model.

We charge £106 plus parking in London to repair the diverter and do a basic service check.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back