Ideal w2000

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had to drain my whole central heating system today due to moving a radiator. I filled the system back up but the boiler only kicks in for a short time, i guess the boiler needs bleeding, where would i find this bleed port as i don't have the instructions for it, when the boiler kicks in i have managed to bleed some radiators in an attempt to move the air but i think the boiler needs to be bled??

Sponsored Links
You will need to blead whole system.

then could blead from pump using screw on front.

Also try opening then drain point again and let run...you might have airlock in cold feed which is preventing filling of the system...or worst case a blockage there!

Some radiators are hot (approx 90%) but a couple are cold, the boiler is keeping on all the time now, is it best to bleed with pump on or off.

Boiler off, pump off, rads cold is the best time.

Try turning off all working rads, hot water and any bypass valve. Put pump on max and air should be pushed into open rad.

Sponsored Links
bleed with pump off then turn off the rads that working to force air out of pipework thats air locked.

I have got all radiators working apart from 1 ground floor radiator, i have bled alot of water from this rad without getting it hot, bled it quite quickly via the drain valve and within a few minutes the whole rad was very hot, turned the pump back on and all the other rads have gone hot except this one, it has cooled down, not sure what is happening, am wondering if a blockage in the return line ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back