Ideas for construction method on new summerhouse

No problem munchy. Made lots of progress: Had Friday off work and also had a friends son labouring for a couple of days so I ache slightly less than I would have done otherwise!

This is the front elevation:

The ridge beam from the end of the new summerhouse.:

Ridgebeam from the garage. You can see both king beams here. I've made them from 150x50 rather than 100x50 because I had so many offcuts lying around. The notch in the king beams is only 50mm. The photos make it seem as though the battens go straight through it, but in fact the battens are cut:

Another two from the new summerhouse pointing back at the garage:
I'm not thrilled at the way the king common rafter meets the ridge plate, but I wanted the hip rafters to be tight in to the last pair of common rafters and didn't have the foresight/experience to cut the ridge short...

Sponsored Links
well worth seeing-pictures are worth a thousand words : )

looks good!

Please please teach me how do did you do the roof. Step by step spoon feed me. I will be really grateful. :D

Bouba, I'm three extensions in and have spent eight years lurking on this forum absorbing the group knowledge... it's difficult to know where to start.

What are you trying to do and we can start from there?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back