Identify my noise!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Help me identify this noise - is it a slipping drive belt? Or something more serious?

Video:

Just editing to add that this is a Bosch Logixx 9, and it has been happening for a few weeks now, but only occurs for a few minutes each cycle, and always during the same part of the cycle (wash/rinse). During the fill, drain and spin, there is never any noise.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sounds like the drum bearing to me.
I agree it sounds a little like that as I had a bearing go in my old machine, but I don't think it is the bearing due to a couple of reasons:
1) There is no looseness or play in the drum.
2) It only occurs when the drum is starting up (i.e. under the most strain). Once it's spinning, it's absolutely fine.

Has a female in the household lost the underwire out of a bra recently?

Sounds very metallic and scraping-ish, rather than a rubber belt slipping.

Sponsored Links
Has a female in the household lost the underwire out of a bra recently?

Sounds very metallic and scraping-ish, rather than a rubber belt slipping.
Ha! Good thought, not sure on that one though, if it were something caught somewhere I would expect it to be more constant, whereas this noise only occurs for a few minutes each cycle, and always at the same part of the cycle (Wash/Rinse).

In that case I would suggest something rattling around in the pump. Bottom line is that you, or someone else, is going to have get down and dirty and pull stuff apart. The pump is easy. If it something between the two drums that could be a, no IT WILL be a nightmare.

I'd take the top off the machine and check for wear or breakage of the drum drive pulley.....something well amiss here!
John :)

I am thinking its a bra wire between the inner and outer drum.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back