Identifying faulty (leaking) part in combi boiler

Cheap Turkish boilers sold through the alternative market (builder merchants etc) nearly always installed by illegal gas workers.
Parts were once extortionate but some have come down now that they are imported via the grey market (and copy parts have become available).
But they are part of Vaillant group and their models aren't much better :sneaky:
Don't buy a boiler on efficiency..it will never pay its way.

Sponsored Links
Where in the UK are you, no reason why that can not be sorted, not exctly a big job but as already said Actuator probably knackered too as the leaking water will have got into it, if you say where you are someone might cover your area and be able to help you out or suggest someone that covers your area

Thanks for your help everyone. I bought the diverter valve repair kit and and got an engineer to fit it. It took around 45 minutes start to finish, £80 and everything is back on track now. The kit was £10.

I was curious to know if you have to entirely remove the three port valve and replace all the washers at the connections at the same time or if you can just remove the spindle part and replace the washers that come in the repair kit. I read online that this was the case with this model of boiler, but I didn't watch the job being done. I also don't understand why he drained the system from a radiator before starting work, I thought combi boilers could be isolated using the valves underneath and then drained themselves so that you don't have to remove as much water from the system? I didn't want to slow him up by asking a bunch of questions!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back