If you do DIY then you are more likely to be a smoker?

So, DIYers, do you smoke?

• Like a chimney

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Only on a night out

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Used to, but gave up

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • Only when I'm on fire

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • I'm a tradesperson, and I smoke

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • I'm a tradesperson, and I do not smoke

Votes: 10 19.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
According to Government figures, nationally, around 20% of people in the UK smoke, so your poll is not far off proving users of this forum are pretty average.

The rate varies considerably according to age, social class and geographical location.

Sponsored Links
[quot see people huddled together outside a doorway in the pouring rain and high winds because they 'can't survive without a fag'.
e]

i agree 100%.

Sponsored Links
For those people who have given up, just curious what you used? Patches? Gum? Champix (and did you get the suicidal feelings widely repported?)?

For those people who have given up, just curious what you used? Patches? Gum? Champix (and did you get the suicidal feelings widely repported?)?

Strange to say it I know but it seems easy now.. Though I did have a real bad chest and just simply could'nt smoke for a day or so.. then decidedd I really got to pack up 20 + a day :oops: . I went my usual two weeks of stopping, then when I felt healthy and could breathe again I was fidgeting for a fag.. :confused: Then I decided to try patches... well I can say they did work for me or was it in my mind? After about 3 weeks I started to forget to put patch on and realised I was doin ok without. Once in a while the urge/fidget comes (espescially with work situation just now) but it's so mild its all over in a minute or so. I suppose the fact I stopped for 3 yrs once and just two puffs of a fag started me off again helped me to FINALLY realise that just this one fag will get you back on 20/30 a day in no time.

Just hope i packed up soon enough.. been smoking 45 yrs :rolleyes:

Back