IG Door - Bottom Seal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all,

I have recently moved into a house that was building in the early 2000's. The previous owner has fitted laminate flooring in the hall with quadrant corner moulding to cover the gap around the skirting. For some reason they have cut the corners of the bottom seal on the front door so it doesn't snag on the moulding. I think the door was made by IG. Anyone know where I can get a replacement bottom seal? I am getting drafts and inserts coming through the gaps. I have included a couple of photos below (hopefully it works!). Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am just about to start redecorating this area.

PXL_20210218_081334736.jpg
PXL_20210218_081342062.jpg
PXL_20210218_081352224.jpg

Sponsored Links
Where are the drafts coming in? Just at the places where they cut out sections for the quadrant? If yes, why not just fill those gaps with appropriate filler and leave the rest of the door seal alone? Or is the whole lot needing replaced including the section that's attached to the underside of the door?

diy_fun_uk - thanks for the reply. Drafts and insects are coming through the hole in the door seal so I just need to replace the seal that is fixed to the door.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Are you sure that's an IG door? That's the commercial arm of Truedor and dealing with Truedor there are a few things that don't look like a Truedor door. I can certainly look at the sample door threshold in the office and see if the rubber is the same...

Had a look at the thresholds on our samples and none have a gasket strip attached to the bottom of the door sash, the rubber strip is in the threshold bar. I was hoping I would be able to source one for you.. But unfortunately doesn't appear Truedor use that system

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back