Ignis ADL 347 Dishwasher - faulty heater element ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Picked up that you have helped some people out in the past with problems with Ignis ADL 347 dishwashers.

I have an Ignis ADL 347 dishwasher that has stopped working and hoped someone here may be able to help.

I put it on the other morning before going to work. Had no problems up to them. When I got home something had blown the earth leakage trip and when I reset it the dishwasher was beeping and the rinse light was on and the start ligth flashing continuous - no pause.

I reset and tried to run the program again thinking the trip blowing has upset it but it went through about 20 mintues of the cycle then did the same thing. Water comes in and is emptied out but having checked it does not get heated.

With the earth leakage thing, I am thinking the heater may have gone (and blown the earth leakage when it did). Is that consistent with the flashing light etc. if so, where is the heater element located so I can check it.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Ignis is really a Whirlpool in a dress. It should have a service number on the door close to this 8545 347 15410. Tripping the RCD after approx 20mins is consistent with an earth fault on the element (it activates around 20mins after a cycle is started). When faults occur on this model the start LED flashes constantly at 1 HZ, there is no repeating pattern. You would have to activate a passive or active test program to read out a fault code. But as this is obviously a heater earth fault there isn't much point in running one. Lie the machine on its back, remove the baseplate & check the heater & wiring.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back