Ikea sink trap missing an end cap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our Ikea sink is missing the black end cap as it was originally removed for a dishwasher.

The dishwasher had been removed a while ago but due to the sink being blocked I've removed the trap for cleaning and the cap is missing. The only reason it didn't become apparent it needed replacing was because it was solid with crud.

What type of cap do I need?

Screen Shot 2015-12-12 at 14.34.42.png

Screen Shot 2015-12-12 at 14.38.55.png

Sponsored Links
Unless Ikea will sell you that part seperately you'll need an entire new waste I suspect. (Either an Ikea version or McAlpine will do something to fit.) Ikea stuff is rarely compatible with UK plumbing systems, I doubt anyone will make the part you need other than the Swedes. :(

Only other option would be to find a piece of hose to fit, and then fit a blanking plug onto/into that hose.

Unless Ikea will sell you that part seperately you'll need an entire new waste I suspect. (Either an Ikea version or McAlpine will do something to fit.) Ikea stuff is rarely compatible with UK plumbing systems, I doubt anyone will make the part you need other than the Swedes. :(

Only other option would be to find a piece of hose to fit, and then fit a blanking plug onto/into that hose.

I suspected as much! I did think of attaching something with a jubilee clip - maybe I can just put the hose between the two outlets (means cutting open a perfectly sealed outlet though) and seal it with the clips.

Does that sound an option?

It's a 15mm outlet as it connects to washing machines & dishwashers so it should be standard, right?

Sponsored Links
I'd just find any blanking cap say from hydraulic store or injector overhauler, in fact anyone who has engineering parts/pipes that they want to keep crud out off. Take the blanking cap put some silicon in the end place over pipe.

The Polyplumb part in your link is for 15mm plastic tube, and is unlikely to fit. Those spigots are designed to be cut off to suit hose to be fitted, and hose secured with a jubilee clip, I'm not aware of anyone making a cap to seal them again, usual practice would be to replace the trap if there was an issue. Your idea of joining the 2 may be favourite to be honest.

Went to the local DIY hut - no joy. Managed to get a few bits together but the overflow split when putting it all back together - cue the full afternoon driving to the nearest IKEA for a replacement trap!

Nightmare!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back