Ikea Whirlpool Dishwasher DWF 416

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've searched for an answer to this problem but can't find the solution...

We've got an Ikea Whirlpool Dishwasher DWF 416 that's not working, power is ok, settings light up but the start button keeps flashing twice (Floater switch LS6 in drip tray has switched?) and it just beeps when the door closes without taking in any water.

Any ideas on how I can fix it ?

Sponsored Links
Check underneath in the base for water, you may have a leak and the leak protection is activated

Yes, it will start up doing the diagnostic and briefly take in water that pours into the tray, not sure where from, and then the beeping starts. Once it's all mopped up this can be repeated. Where should I be checking for the leak, is there a common place ?

On whirlpools its quite common to leak from around the main circulation pump seal

You normally see water runs or crusted crunge between the motor and the pump.

Occasioanly it leaks from the pipe from the pump to the heater

Sponsored Links
I'm finally back to this after piles of washing up.

I've taken the back off and looking in from that side there is a leak from from a black rubber connection between what I think is the motor and pump. It's held secure with a metal clip.

The problem now is how do I replace it / take it off without water pouring out onto the electrical parts? If I squeeze the rubber water squirts out so I'm a bit concerned how much it will flood?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back