im descaling my dhw heat exchanger

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im using fernox ds3 in boiling water have given it a good shake about now how long do i leave it in solution before rinsing and starting again.? how many times should i do it for best results.?

Sponsored Links
I don't know but whatever the comments you get here, please return when you have finished and let us know what happened, if it worked etc.

Many of us have this problem too and would like to descale ours.

Cheers & good luck with it.

well it only took five hours and four times with the descaler before it ran through clear not an easy job but a damn site cheaper than a replacement part, hot water is now scolding and thats on my eco setting so i'll be turning that down as well soon. Had bit of a fright when filling the system back up as i replaced prv as well got a little water coming out quick drian off from system drain cock sorted that problem so upto now everythings ok keep fingers crossed.

How did you do it?
bowl full of water & descaler, left soaking?

Or did it go through the whole system?

Sponsored Links
I use the adaptors from Abcot these screw onto the plate H/E then connect using 3 washing machine hoses to connect up to a power flusher 3/4 hour later clean and ready to refit

also do ferroli F24/30 and modena's with 2 hoses connected to cold inlet
and hot outlet these machines usually take 30 mins to an hour,
dependant on amount of scale
DS3 is a good descaler with either OP's method or ours

I use the adaptors from Abcot these screw onto the plate H/E then connect using 3 washing machine hoses to connect up to a power flusher

What do you connect the THREE hoses on to?

What happens to the remaining unconnected port on the heat exchanger?

Tony

left it in solution for about an hour each time or till boiling water went cold, only problem is i got up this morning and presure is down again f~~~ing thing had it running lovely last night hot water c/heating no problem anyone any ideas.?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back