I'm getting 3.5% - what about you?

I

imamartian

i've been offered 3.5% pay rise..... whoohoo... i can now afford less ! It cost me £78 to fill my car with deisel today !

Sponsored Links
supposedly 10%, i wont hold my breath though as they are going to claw it back somehow, reduction in sick pay for a start. :rolleyes:

some of those mega deals are a loss in the long run as they soon get eroded with fuyure poor pay rises.

The government have already given companies an excuse to keep the rises low by warning of high interest rates if they dont toe the line.

Being self-employed I'm still in negotiation with myself over this years pay rise. If I don't accept my offer I may have to withdraw my services or work to rule.

Sponsored Links
Being self-employed I'm still in negotiation with myself over this years pay rise. If I don't accept my offer I may have to withdraw my services or work to rule.

thats unacceptable, i'd go on strike :LOL:

Threaten to quit if you dont get a decent rise, sounds like your guvnor's a mean old sod!

some of those mega deals are a loss in the long run as they soon get eroded with fuyure poor pay rises.

The government have already given companies an excuse to keep the rises low by warning of high interest rates if they dont toe the line.

i agree, and that does happen to certain extent, our last decent rise was 2005 although we do get roughly inflation every year.

the reason they are giving us 10% this year is a desperate attempt to stop haemmoraging engineers at an alarming rate. the sick pay issue will in fact make it far worse and i predict even more jacking it in this year.

Hi, solo,
I am also self employed, If things go on the way they are, I might have to start working mornings too!

Hi, solo,
I am also self employed, If things go on the way they are, I might have to start working mornings too!

You can't be working mornings....that's outrageous. I have self employment down to such a fine art now that I don't have to leave the house.

Further to the above, pay talks collapsed this evening after the Foster's had run out. A hastily organised ballot produced a unanimous vote in favour of strike action. Placards have been made using the daughter's coloured paper and crayons. A picket line will be set up tomorrow next to the kettle. Woe betide me if I cross it

Hi, solo,

You can't be working mornings....that's outrageous. I have self employment down to such a fine art now that I don't have to leave the house.

Further to the above, pay talks collapsed this evening after the Foster's had run out. A hastily organised ballot produced a unanimous vote in favour of strike action. Placards have been made using the daughter's coloured paper and crayons. A picket line will be set up tomorrow next to the kettle. Woe betide me if I cross it

you on the dole as well ?

me ? 22 yrs at it, hmmmph

never had a realistic rise yet!

no wonder i'm down for depression :confused:

all sub contract bricklayers for Persimmon homes have had 17% pay cut. :evil: :evil: Thats why we have left ! all the others will now follow suit is my guess.

-100% still at least I don't have to get up so early from next week :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back