I'm loocking for a texecom engineer in Dartford Kent area

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I’m looking for an experienced Texecom engineer to program and help me understand my installed Texecom 48 Premier Elite Series.

Fitted to it are 2 Expander 8XP, two keypads, . All of which I are configurated but i want to fit a Com Wi-Fi CEK-0002 to it. Ill also wont to use the phone APPs. But the panel was fitted around 2006 and I think there is a need of firmware update for com wifi to work

I live in the Dartford area, south England UK, if anybody’s interested please email me
Regards john

Sponsored Links
Not a texecom engineer but fitted my own.

If you haven't got the com wifi yet then don't waste your money, it's been discontinued and won't work with the current Texecom Connect app.
What you want is the smartcom, works with both ethernet and wifi.

If you have the engineer code then its fairly straightforward to fit yourself.

Thanks for your input, but the problem still is firmware update of the control panel in which I believe mine is in V3 and smartcom need V4.
I do have Wintex software to read and programm the pannel but to flash the new firmware is a bit complex and sometime can corrupt panel.

OK , by pressing menu 4 from keypad, it display "Premier 88 V3"

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
you should be fine with Alarm Engineer (experienced).

the com wifi has now been discontinued and would have been used with the old Texecom app, your panel isn't capable of the new app and possibly not the old one (even if its flashed up as far as it can before hardware changes it may still not be capable of the old app), and would need to be replaced.

For remote control, wintex, or the old online keypad program(pre app era) it may be possible using the com wifi internet connection, but would need a windows device to run these on.

You have a Premier 88 Version 3 not Premier Elite 88 Version 3.
Your expanders and keypads may work, but it will depend on the exact age of them and they may not have full functionality on a new system.

you should be fine with Alarm Engineer (experienced).

the com wifi has now been discontinued and would have been used with the old Texecom app, your panel isn't capable of the new app and possibly not the old one (even if its flashed up as far as it can before hardware changes it may still not be capable of the old app), and would need to be replaced.

For remote control, wintex, or the old online keypad program(pre app era) it may be possible using the com wifi internet connection, but would need a windows device to run these on.

You have a Premier 88 Version 3 not Premier Elite 88 Version 3.
Your expanders and keypads may work, but it will depend on the exact age of them and they may not have full functionality on a new system.
OK, you might be right that I have a Premier 88, so if I understand right if I replace it with an Elite version ,does it have to be programmed from scratch or data from old panel can be uploaded to new one

Also it might sound silly, but will existing remote keypads be compatible.

Thanks

It would be better to do a proper assessment of the parts fitted to workout what if anything has to be replaced.

The keypads may function but its a possibility they may not, or more likely they will not have all the latest functionality or conform to the latest standards.

If you press Yes and Area on your keypads you should be able to get the version of the keypad and its current address on the system. I upgraded a premier 24 version 1.x with an Elite 168 V4.x (a big jump but no 48 or 88 available due to supply shortage at the time), and placed the old keypad at the side of the panel on network 2 and it worked okay, the version of that keypad was 5.4, the new Elite SMK version 10.x was mounted in the place of the original looking much better. I didn't check the old keypad for full functionality but it did work and was able to arm and disarm from it and program the panel up with no apparent issues but it was on its own network so that could have stopped certain issues from arising from new and old equipment on the same network (it was a sensible precaution I many different ways), the 88 only has one network.

When it came to programming did some things on the keypad but mainly by wintex.

When using Wintex some engineers would upgrade the panel step by step to v 10.x before trying to convert to an elite panel.
( I would do this with a duplicate file for the old panel and keep a copy, worth doing as its a big panel and the more zones you have if it works you have saved a lot of time, if not you have added much extra time to the process).

If there is wireless on the system then this usually is a no no from the start and worst case, you would open up a profile for the old panel, and one for the new and copy and paste.

There has been a fair few developments since a V3 Premier 88 and some things may not translate and there are many more options than there was back then.

Either way, I wouldn't recommend anyone without some serious experience attempting to look at doing it.

It would be better to do a proper assessment of the parts fitted to workout what if anything has to be replaced.

The keypads may function but its a possibility they may not, or more likely they will not have all the latest functionality or conform to the latest standards.

If you press Yes and Area on your keypads you should be able to get the version of the keypad and its current address on the system. I upgraded a premier 24 version 1.x with an Elite 168 V4.x (a big jump but no 48 or 88 available due to supply shortage at the time), and placed the old keypad at the side of the panel on network 2 and it worked okay, the version of that keypad was 5.4, the new Elite SMK version 10.x was mounted in the place of the original looking much better. I didn't check the old keypad for full functionality but it did work and was able to arm and disarm from it and program the panel up with no apparent issues but it was on its own network so that could have stopped certain issues from arising from new and old equipment on the same network (it was a sensible precaution I many different ways), the 88 only has one network.

When it came to programming did some things on the keypad but mainly by wintex.

When using Wintex some engineers would upgrade the panel step by step to v 10.x before trying to convert to an elite panel.
( I would do this with a duplicate file for the old panel and keep a copy, worth doing as its a big panel and the more zones you have if it works you have saved a lot of time, if not you have added much extra time to the process).

If there is wireless on the system then this usually is a no no from the start and worst case, you would open up a profile for the old panel, and one for the new and copy and paste.

There has been a fair few developments since a V3 Premier 88 and some things may not translate and there are many more options than there was back then.

Either way, I wouldn't recommend anyone without some serious experience attempting to look at doing it.
So , my existing keypads are Ver7 add2 and Ver3 add1

If i got it right and decide to replace my existing panel with Elite version I would need to replace my keypads to Ver 10.

What about the existing Expanders, are they ok

I've been installing pre elite from version 1 and some panels have been replaced with elite panels , never had any issues with any of the keypads ...only the old rubber key versions that bobbled the rubber buttons , so,I would guess that they should be fine
On the programming side I allways print off the config and re program from scratch if it's an old panel being upgraded to an elite version, I've seen far too many oddities when uploading old config into new panels

They are supposed to be backwards compatible but I haven't had every combination under the sun.

The keypads have changed over time to meet new standards functions have been added and some removed.

As for oddities, it does happen, mainly because things have been reassigned.
I cant remember last time I printed a profile off, I find it easier with two wintex profiles open, but that's easier in the office than in the field only have one screen in the field.

If you where looking to do a panel change i'd recommend starting from scratch.

I have ran into a few problems installing the Comms Wi-Fi modules and they are very inconsistant (as is the app). What prurpose would you want it installed for?

the com wifi has been discontinued and could only be used with the old app not Texecom connect, the wifi part of the smart com is much better, however as always with wifi you need a good signal.

The old app had a lot of issues, especially on the android platform.

If you where looking to do a panel change i'd recommend starting from scratch.

I have ran into a few problems installing the Comms Wi-Fi modules and they are very inconsistant (as is the app). What prurpose would you want it installed for?
Its because I found one in my draw and wanted to install it but it will not work on V3 but will skip it now and will go for an Elite panel with SmartCom

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back