Immersion heater removal

PTFE wound clockwise.
The seal itself should seal between the cylinder flange and the immersion collar. Sealing the threads as well is basically making a secondary seal.

Sponsored Links
understood.i take it that the jointing compound is fine on both sides of the washer as well?

just managed to beat closing time at toolstation for spare washers.

Fingers crossed else BG may refuse to look at my boiler tomorrow

No you don't put it on the washer / seal ,it goes on the thread of the immersion boss.

Hurray, Looks like the jointing compound and more PTFE did it. No leaks so fingers crossed. The new Heater also works and no tripping.

Thanks very much all for your help guys! No need for boiling pots of water . I also hope BG has got good news for me tomorrow.

Sponsored Links
Good news Sir, as you now have hot water, we will be round at the end of March. Kind regards BG!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Andy

They better not! :eek:. So far we are all barricaded in the lounge or one bedroom with 2 oil radiators constantly on. The rest of the house feels like a walk in freezer.

PTFE wound clockwise.
The seal itself should seal between the cylinder flange and the immersion collar. Sealing the threads as well is basically making a secondary seal.

I'm hoping that PTFE tape on the threads will also help the new heater from seizing like the old one did. I haven't had to undo one with PTFE on it though.

BG has just left. I was told the fault on my Boiler (potterton prima 40F) was the fan and it will cost me about £400!. I am not covered because my cover started 2 days before my fault.

That's a lot of money for fan replacement considering price for the fan is between £50 and £90.

Am I better getting someone local to do the work?

If the Fan is dead surely that should not stop the pilot light from igniting. just wondering if there is more to this that replacing the fan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back