immersion heaters :-Safe removal of.Another bright idea!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If, when trying to remove electric immersion heater from cylinder the locking nut appears stubbon, and you fear that you might crumple the tank, try cutting through the gasket that is between the flange of the heater and the top of the tank, with a hacksaw . This breaks the bond as the gasket will have "cooked" over the years and gone hard and brittle .

Sponsored Links
I'll give that a try clever-clogs and let u know how I get on, I've got a cylinder outside I need to sort before it goes to the scrappy.

brumylad said:
I'll give that a try clever-clogs and let u know how I get on, I've got a cylinder outside I need to sort before it goes to the scrappy.

if its that old, it'll have a low recovery anyway and it'll have a good layer of scale. Just replace with new vented cyl and approved stat. :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back