immesion heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my immersion heater is set to just below 60%, But the water seems to be very hot. How do I know what temp it is reaching. How hot does 60 feel to the skin.
Thanks for any replies:cool:

Sponsored Links
60, that would be a.b.c.d.e.f yes F-ing hot!
Full thickness burns on a child in one second, adult in 5. (from a thermostatic blending valve ad)

60 is what the books say to set it at but unless they need loads of HW, most people find it a bit much. Try 50 and see how it goes.

Warning - all but the latest thermostats fail closed, ie hot, ie the water boils eventually. A CW cistern supplying a HW cylinder will eventually get extremely hot if the cylinder boils. There was a case about a year ago where one couldn't stand it, and dumped 50 gallons of scalding water, which went throughthe ceiling killing the occupants of the bed below.Makes you think dunnit?

Buy a new thermostat - all the new ones fail OFF! I believe Wickes sell them, else bes.ltd.uk

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back