In desperate need of help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The switch in the photo controls the under floor heating. It turns its self on if you look at it funny. I've just found out its been on full for maybe a week. I never want to put it on but I can't see how I can get at the connections then once in what do I do to disconnect. I would then put on cover plate and throw the bloody switch away.

Any ideas?[/img [/img]

Sponsored Links

Characteristics
The EB-Therm 100 is an electronic thermostat developed for optimal regulation of under floor heating systems. The thermostat has three modes of operation. You can choose between room thermostat, floor thermostat or a combination room thermostat with overheating protection in the floor. At delivery it is set in the floor thermostat mode but can easily be repositioned to the other modes.

Package
The EB-Therm 100 is delivered with front and frame suitable for Eljo trend wall box system. An optional front suitable for Elko rs and an extra frame suitable for Strömfors are enclosed. A 3 metre sensor cable is included.able are included.

Installation
The EB-Therm 100 is suitable for flush mounting or surface mounting. For surface mounting, an extension frame (E 85 816 68)should be used. The thermostat is approved for installation in wet rooms.

Technical Specification
Voltage 230 VAC ±10%50Hz
Air temperature range 5°C to 45°C
Floor temperature range 5°C to 45°C
Temperature limiter 15°C to 39°C
Load 250V 12A 2700W:
Main switch 2-pole
Load Cos φ 0,3 Max
Hysteresis 0,3°C
Housing IP21
Colour Polar white
INDICATION
Supply 230V connected Green led
Heating cable operating Red led
Max length of sensor cable 50m,2x1,5mm²
Suitable for Eljo trend,Elko rs,Strömfors and Merten frame system.

Installation instructions

http://www.ebeco.com/en/showpic_prod_spec.php?id=15&bild=5

Pull the temperature knob off, there is screw underneath.

Sponsored Links
I've never done flooring controls and haven't read the manauls I've posted for you.

Other than attempt to change the control settings, if the unit is playing up I'd imagine a 1 for 1 replacement would be the quickest fix.

I can't find any Ebeco floor stats as seperate items, they all seem to be bundled with the mats !

I have no understand of compatability between flooring system sensors and the stats. So I can't / won't post other floor stat suppliers products because I don't know if they will work.

Best bet is call Ebeco UK and ask support to steer you in the correct direction.

In the mean time can you not turn the thing off manually ?

I dont use the heating at all and the switch is permantly knocked off, but during the last week the switch must have been knocked and the switch moved up 1 or 2 millimetres tops turning the bloody heating on and its cracked 2 tiles. I ve looked at the switch and theres remains of selotape on the underside of the switch which must have been put on by the houses' previous owners.

Where does the white flex go, does it lead to a fused spur unit, where you could remove the fuse.

I dont use the heating at all and the switch is permantly knocked off, but during the last week the switch must have been knocked and the switch moved up 1 or 2 millimetres tops turning the bloody heating on and its cracked 2 tiles.

The thermostat doesn't look very well installed, and by the sounds of it, they didn't do a much better job of the tiling either! UFH should, of course, NOT cause tiles to crack.

All the electrics to the conservatory go back to a fused switch and if I turn that off it turns everything off. So for now its selotape over the switch so it doesn't move from off and I'll look at it tomorrow. I'm just careful coz I dont want to break the switch and it stuck permantly on, the tiles are still warm and its benn off a while now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back