In or out

In or out of the European union

• Remain in the EU

• Get out

Results are only viewable after voting.
Brussels and politicians might not like what what the referendum has done to our EU project membership but as for the ordinary peoples of Europe I don't think they'll give a hoot it won't affect their view of us as a people either .........They probably admire the plucky british spirit.

Sponsored Links
Correct me if I am wrong, Greece wanted to leave as they were not prepared for the austerity measures imposed on them by EU and IMF, but they were blackmailed or bribed back into EU, or they would suffer many more years of struggle.

Part of the reason that Greece wanted to Leave the Euro, is the very reason that the Eurozone is struggling, and why we'll do okay. They can't devalue the Euro in order to kick start their economy. The Pound has dropped against the Dollar and the Euro and our exports are now cheaper, so our economy will take off again.

Okay, to be fair over things, they can't afford to repay their loans so that's an even bigger reason to get out, but the IMF has suggested they write off some of the loans, but the Germans have refused to let the ECB do that - which is a bit hypocritical since the Greeks let the Germans off half of their loans after WW11.

And I'm not sure who made the comments about the EU's made the biggest contribution to peace and democracy in Europe, when it was Nato that's kept the peace, and the EU that's trashed democracy.

remind me, how many times has NATO used the troops of its member nations to prevent tensions boiling over into border skirmishes, or escalating into war, between two EU nations?

Is it, er, zero?

The purpose of NATO is to inconvenience the Red Army if it rolls into Western Europe.

The purpose of the European Movement is to foster peaceful co-operation between the democratic European nations.

Quite different.

One of them is to fight wars, the other is to render them inconceivable.

remind me, how many times has NATO used the troops of its member nations to prevent tensions boiling over into border skirmishes, or escalating into war, between two EU nations?

NATO’s essential purpose is to safeguard the freedom and security of its members through political and military means.

POLITICAL - NATO promotes democratic values and encourages consultation and cooperation on defence and security issues to build trust and, in the long run, prevent conflict.

MILITARY - NATO is committed to the peaceful resolution of disputes. If diplomatic efforts fail, it has the military capacity needed to undertake crisis-management operations. These are carried out under Article 5 of the Washington Treaty - NATO’s founding treaty - or under a UN mandate, alone or in cooperation with other countries and international organizations.

Is it, er, zero?

So it worked then. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Correct me if I am wrong, Greece wanted to leave as they were not prepared for the austerity measures imposed on them by EU and IMF, but they were blackmailed or bribed back into EU, or they would suffer many more years of struggle.

Part of the reason that Greece wanted to Leave the Euro, is the very reason that the Eurozone is struggling, and why we'll do okay. They can't devalue the Euro in order to kick start their economy. The Pound has dropped against the Dollar and the Euro and our exports are now cheaper, so our economy will take off again.

Okay, to be fair over things, they can't afford to repay their loans so that's an even bigger reason to get out, but the IMF has suggested they write off some of the loans, but the Germans have refused to let the ECB do that - which is a bit hypocritical since the Greeks let the Germans off half of their loans after WW11.

And I'm not sure who made the comments about the EU's made the biggest contribution to peace and democracy in Europe, when it was Nato that's kept the peace, and the EU that's trashed democracy.
There are two sides to a coin, true it will be more attractive for Europeans to buy our goods at lower cost, due to fall in value of Pound, equally things we import from Europe mainly fruits and veg and meat will now cost more, so a few companies exporting may benefit whilst majority will now have to pay more for their food stuff.

As for Greece, they could have abandoned Euro and reintroduced their own currency and devalued it accordingly, though either way things would have been rough for them.

This is exact reason why I was double minded whether to vote yes or no, and in the end I refrained, even if I had voted my single additional vote would have made no difference to the overall results.

HMS Great Britania is sailing in very rough stormy seas, with captain having abandoned the ship, the Junior Captain and his team hasn't got a clue either which direction to take, or how to steer it away from the stormy seas, the ship has started taking waters in and listing to one side, more fellow sailors have started jumping out of the sinking ship, will we reach land safely no one knows, or will we all go down with the sinking ship. Someone made a terrible mistake! What a total fiasco!

Seems like people who voted out are those who haven't got a clue or a foresight and those who typically drive hogging middle lanes on motorways, your average weekend driver, who has no clue about which lane to drive and don't check his mirrors that huge HGV is closing on and that they should move to left lane, most I met now resent having voted out. They didn't anticipate the consequences of voting out, they thought overnight we will gain control of our borders and leave Europe just like that! Did anyone anticipate that leaving EU could possibly break divide us, break us apart, cause divisions between London and other counties, and Scotland!

Last edited:
No way I am abandoning the sinking ship, I will try my best to save it rather than jump the sinking ship.
Oh well, I knew a change would have been no simple, and implementable, its main focus was on immigration, no one saw other implications, don't take me wrong i am also against mass uncontrolled immigration, us leaving EU isn't going to help anyone, since those who are here now from EU would be reluctant to go back for fear of not being allowed back in, and many more new ones will still find loop holes and other methods to reach our shores, it was an issue that needed tackling firmly by our politicians years ago, we have all been saying that and they have been ignoring us, so imagine we are all in this plane, and the captain didn't change the course he was leading us into, so we smacked him in the head and he has passed out, and no one on this plane know how take control of it and make a safe landing before the fuel runs out to make a safe landing!

Last edited:
Fortunately, the auto pilot was on - and these are all the companies that do business on a day to day basis, and struggle against the stupidities of the government and the EU. We will get through this, just as we have all the other shyte storms that the governments keep heaping on us. Thank God for the little guys.

Ladies and gentleman, please fasten your seat belts and brace yourselves, we have an emergency, the pilot is unconscious, but one of the air Hostess from Scotland may be able to take control of our plane and guide it back to the runway for a hopeful safe landing, we are now heading back to the airport where another pilot is waiting to board the plane and we could all be air born once more and head in the right direction.

Hang on, where's the copilot. According to Anna Soubry, he's working hard to get everything sorted out. Just how gullible does she think we are.

sure, the passengers wanted to go to the right destination, but the pilot was heading elsewhere, so after a punch up, he is now unconscious, the co-pilot had one too many, he loved his beers! been to Glastonbury music festival, passengers on that plane didn't want to have such a hard landing that the plane cracks in half and unable to fly again even with another good pilot, so it is all about safe organised landing now. May be who knows, the pilot may regain his conscious and take back control, and lands us safely and then he can be rushed to A&E and a new pilot takes over.

People are very unsettling on that plane, many are saying why did they punch that pilot?, didn't they think of the consequences, the guys who knocked the ****e out of the pilot and those who were trying to protect the pilot are now accusing one another for this madness, which needn't have happened if the pilot was flying us to the right destination. The last thing we need is unsettling disturbances on that plane as it could otherwise go into unrecoverable dive and we all go with it.

Last edited:
Would you like to be PM, Mike?

I'm afraid that at the moment you have to be leader of the Tory party first unless The Queen could step in.

I am afraid no! I wouldn't want to place myself in the path of flying eggs and tomatos!

Oh and you can't trust Nigel, he has already crashed one plane!

Not sure if people will take Mop head seriously enough!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back