Inappropriate / old tools

E

EddieM

Well not really a disaster as it turns out, but due to doing some work away from home, I had to use some rather unusual / past their best tools.

Dressmaking tape measures, wood chisels so blunt, that a screwdriver was more appropriate, hack saws that would only cut skin (oww!)

Now their is no point preaching to the converted, but proper tools, sharp, and fit for purpose, really makes a 4 hour job into a few minutes, good job it wasn't being charged!

Still all done now with just a few cuts and bruises!!

Sponsored Links
blunt chisels are 10 times more dangerous than sharp chisels
if you cant cut with hand and chin pressure its not sharp

blunt chisels are 10 times more dangerous than sharp chisels
if you cant cut with hand and chin pressure its not sharp
couldn't agree more after half an hour of f'ing around, got a new sharp (not v good quality) chisel, job done in 10 mins.

Eddie, Eddie, Eddie! :rolleyes:

There must be easier ways to get Di to don a nurses uniform! :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
A little bench grinder is one of the most useful tools you can have. A couple of my chisels have been sharpened so many times that they are several inches shorter than when they were new. I've also sometimes broken drill bits and just ground a new point on the broken end.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back