Incoming mains...Alkethene?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just following a recent thread, thanks to Powel30, thinks I described Alkethene on an incoming mains. Propert is early 80's. Broken crutch handle on stop cock, so needs replacing. Hopefully I have uploaded a picture. Anybody else looking at picture thinks this is Alkethene, if so I will measure the pipe diameter and order a part. Alkethene to Copper. If anybody knows the 'Actual' part, that would be a great help.

Sponsored Links
Hi it looks like 3/4" category c plastic pipe, which you can get adaptor fittings for. A half decent merchant should be able to help you with any enquiry.

when you say broken clutch handle do you mean.when you turn the stopcock off theres still water flowing.a washer is cheaper than a valve.

No Holty, one lug has sheared off - the handle has just become too stiff to turn off! What I would like to see is a new stop cock, but need one to fit the ???Alkethene, I haven't measured it yet, (in another property.)

Sponsored Links
AFAIK a 22mm stoptap will fit the black. Id think you may need a new insert for the black, but any decent plumbers merchants should have the right bits.

Thanks guys, I think I have a 22-15 stop tap, but will measure the diameter to make sure, and get an insert.

The problem is not getting the fitting but getting the insert. I had to get one made on a lathe when I had a similar problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back