Increase Water pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I just want to increase the hot water pressure in my house, especially in the bathroom as it is impossible to take a decent shower because the hot water tank is almost at its same level. I have been told that the cheapest solution is to install a pump conected to the hot water system, but I am not sure which one is the appropiate, (pressure wise) and the risks of electrocution if the whole system starts leaking while I am having a peacefull shower. Yes I want to do it myself as the quote I have recieved is £750 for the pump & installation. I have seen pumps for around £150. Any tips/advice? what about the noise? can I insulate the pump with some polistaring or making a wooden box? Am I going to die electrocuted?
Thanks.
N

Sponsored Links
i use stuart turner pumps when doing the hot water for the whole house.
£750 sounds abit over the top for this kind of job. can be up and running in a few hours.
no you can't really insulate the pump as it need to vent or you'll overheat it.

if you think your going to die then maybe you should get someone to do the job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back