Increased heat loss from Vaillant unvented cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a S pan installation, full Valliant system (615 system boiler, 155l Unistor with NTC sensor installed, controlled by VR65 and VRC 430 weather compensation unit).

I've noticed in the last 3 days that the cylinder holds its DHW temp much less well during 'non-demand' periods.

For example, for a target DHW temp of 58 degrees until 21:30 this evening, the cylinder is now (midnight) below 40 degrees. There has been no real DHW draw off (showers, baths, whatever) in that time. Previously, I would have expected the temp to remain >50 degrees.

There are no suddenly dripping hot taps or leaking pipes that I am aware of, and the 'normal operation' green LED in the VR65 is solidly on as usual.

Conincidentally, the installer is coming Thurs for 1st annual service, but any thoughts or advice in the interim very gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
check there is no leakage from the temp/press releif, at the tundish/discharge pipe

The tundish is dry - ditto (on a basic check) the PRV copper outside.

Anyone with any further suggestions?

many thanks

Sponsored Links
When no one has been using SHW for 30 minutes feel the outlet pipe about 1 m from the cylinder.

Also check that the boiler pump over run is not continuing past about 10 minutes.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back