Increasing pressure in Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

All of a sudden this evening the pressure in the valiant Turbomax is loosing water through relief valve and when the heating is on, the pressure goes above 4 bar.

I have checked all the rads and could not find any leak. Grateful, if someone can help me. I rang the plumber and he is suggesting expansion vessel will be faulty..... Cant understand without inspecting the system, how can he just find the fault????? don't want to get ripped off

any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
B

Sponsored Links
because he is experienced and in this case if what you have said is accurate then he is correct in his diagnosis

Sponsored Links
Your plumber is most likely correct, don't doubt him he sounds like he knows his job

Hello

All of a sudden this evening the pressure in the valiant Turbomax is loosing water through relief valve and when the heating is on, the pressure goes above 4 bar.

I have checked all the rads and could not find any leak. Grateful, if someone can help me. I rang the plumber and he is suggesting expansion vessel will be faulty..... Cant understand without inspecting the system, how can he just find the fault????? don't want to get ripped off

any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

B

Why would you suspect a leak was causing the high pressure?

Again, very likely correct diagnosis - No air in expansion vessel therefore nowhere for the expansion of the water to go when it heats up....

one of the handy things a plumber needs is at least one working eye. fortunately i have two.
one way to prove this is when i looked at your first post and under your name i noticed the words location birmingham
do you think that maybe i wondered where IN birmingham you might be
i tried bineet under google maps and AA route planner but didnt get too far

I am in brum and have just noticed that pressure goes down even when boiler is not on and upon re-pressurising the system.

Any suggestions????

The PRV is most likely letting by as it's been running for a while, you'll need a new one to go with your new expansion vessel

update - have been checking the gauge since 4:00 am (what a start to the day off)the pressure seems to be fine following yesterday evening's strange behaviour from the boiler.

Guys do you still think its the expansion vessel & PRV that may be faulty??? just wanted to make sure before I call the heating engineer and they charge me lots of money

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Cheers
B

I am in brum and have just noticed that pressure goes down even when boiler is not on and upon re-pressurising the system.

Any suggestions????

The PRV is most likely letting by as it's been running for a while, you'll need a new one to go with your new expansion vessel

at the top of the postings index/page are 2 stickys, one is for boiler/c.h. repairs. look through it untill you get the answer about recharging your expansion vessel.
if you are not prepared to try to fix it yourself you will at least have a better understanding about the problem and whats involved

at the top of the postings index/page are 2 stickys, one is for boiler/c.h. repairs. look through it untill you get the answer about recharging your expansion vessel.
if you are not prepared to try to fix it yourself you will at least have a better understanding about the problem and whats involved

Thanks Terence. that's a great help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back