increasing water pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Gang :D

Going to try and give as much info as possible as i know you guys have the best knowledge on the net.

Right to start with been to see a client who has low mains water pressure. I have tested pressure at kitchen sink and getting 3mbar still and about 12 liters per minute.

They have 2 big storage tanks in the attic that feed vented 150 liter hot water cylinder and cold supplies to bathrooms.

There is a basin and kitchen on ground level, a hot water cylinder, bathroom and shower room on 1st level. The boiler is on ground level and gravity fed, header tank in attic.

Tested the flow rate on basin on 1st floor and only got 6 ltr per min
The shower is pumped so not bad there.

The client is just wanting good pressure at all outlets what is the best way to go

Thanks All

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
pump in the loft feeding an unvented cylinder, the only thing I would keep off the pump is the toilets and the kitchen sink. :D

pump in the loft feeding an unvented cylinder, the only thing I would keep off the pump is the toilets and the kitchen sink. :D

could you advice a cylinder? should i increase the size? not sure how i could run separate supplies to the toilets and pump the rest as they will be on the same supply pipe? do you mean keep the main at the kitchen sink?

Thanks Pal

vaillant unistor for the cylinder, try the heatrae sadia site for sizing , I would feed the toilets off the tank in the loft and the kitchen sink off the mains for drinking water.

vaillant unistor for the cylinder, try the heatrae sadia site for sizing , I would feed the toilets off the tank in the loft and the kitchen sink off the mains for drinking water.

cool...thanks:cool:

I will be installing a vaillant ecotec 618 boiler as well, there is 12 rads in the house will this be sufficient? Basically make it a sealed system from the boiler and gravity on the cylinder feed?

Does the pump have a problem with toilets?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back