Indesit is60vs Dryer - general diagnostic knowledge needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Indesit is60vs tumble dryer.

Last weekend, it stopped heating, but everything else worked fine - the drum span, the timer and power buttons etc all responded normally.

I bought a new heating element online and disassembled a couple of days ago to fit the new unit. While I was at it, I replaced the seals etc as it had started grinding. Not that these other issues matter, just an explanation why I did a full disassembly.

In doing so, I disconnected the wiring for the control panel.

Reassembled the unit, everything looked ok, but there are now no signs of life from it at all.

My problem is, I don't know what's broken or miswired.

I assume that the control panel is simple enough:
Temp switch is just two wires, so can be ignored, I take it this just turns on/off aditional elements.
Power switch will be a simple trip that can be bypassed?
Door switch is just a simple on/off safety trigger?
Timer dial puzzles me, as it has multiple wires.

As I suspect the timer controller unit has been broken (my wife knocked it crashing to the floor), can I bypass the wiring on this to test the theory? I reckon I should be able to just join together a couple of the wires from it to hardwire an 'always on' state that would be triggered by the door cut off switch. The question is, which wires?

If I can 'prove' my theory that its the timer at fault by doing this and having everything else function as normal, I then don't mind ordering a new part to replace it. I'm just loath to order a new timer only to find the fault is actually somewhere else in the circuit.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Problem solved.

Rather embarrasingly, by the Mrs.

Have you checked the fuse? says she.

Fuse checked and its a dud, turns out the repair was a good 'un all along :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back