Indesit machine tripping my electric??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a indesit machine. It's 14 months old.
Today it's tripped out my electric when I've turnt it on.
It will NOT turn on without it tripping the RCD.

I unpluged the motor and it still trips, I also unplugged the heater and still tripping.

I cannot see anything obviously wrong.

Please advise. I really cannot afford a new machine right now but with 3 kids it seems I may have no choice.

Sponsored Links
i take it this is a washing machine? or is it a tumble dryer?

Does it trip when you turn on the switch at the socket, or when you turn on the switch on the machine itself?

Forgive me, but if your unable to work out why it is tripping the RCD do you think its a good idea to be going in the back of the machine and disconnecting various bits and bobs? After all, you say you have three kids, and you wouldnt want to leave them without a mother!

It need not be the motor or the heater which is causing the problem, it could be something else.

Disconnect the mains surpressor. At the back right hand corner of the cabinet , if it trips change the moulded plug.

i take it this is a washing machine? or is it a tumble dryer?

Does it trip when you turn on the switch at the socket, or when you turn on the switch on the machine itself?

Forgive me, but if your unable to work out why it is tripping the RCD do you think its a good idea to be going in the back of the machine and disconnecting various bits and bobs? After all, you say you have three kids, and you wouldnt want to leave them without a mother!

It need not be the motor or the heater which is causing the problem, it could be something else.

Hi, thanks for your reply.
It's a washing machine.

I know I shouldn't be tinkering about...
I read loads before I did and followed YouTube tutorials and made sure machine was off at mains. :)

Anyhow at 1st it tripped out while on a cycle , I plugged bk in and it tripped electric. Tried few times again still same result. As soon as I press the switch down on the wall socket it trips.

Sponsored Links
Disconnect the mains surpressor. At the back right hand corner of the cabinet , if it trips change the moulded plug.

Hi I did as you asked and attempted to turn on machine, and it still tripped the electric. So you think it's the plug?

Yes poss. Otherwise it's the surpressor Change plug first.

thats what i was getting at.... ive had moulded plugs which have shorted out. Thats why i asked about the switch at the socket and on the machine.

Any joy?

bhm1712";p="2583607 said:
thats what i was getting at.... ive had moulded plugs which have shorted out. Thats why i asked about the switch at the socket and on the machine.

Any joy?[/quote

Hi I have not changed the plug yet, will do so this evening when home from work. I'm praying this is the issue? Have checked all of above I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Will update later on, thanks all

Jojo121";p="2583615 said:
bhm1712";p="2583607 said:

Any joy?[/quote

Hi good news. I changed the plug and my machine is working perfect even did a wash today. I'm so happy and grateful for all your help. Thanks so much.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back