Indesit w/m motor not turning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Indesit w/m WG1239T will not turn the motor. I have removed the motor and the brushes have plenty of life life in them and the stator windings 'bell' out ok. When a programme is started the timer turns and the w/m fills up and pumps out as it should.
What else should I check to fix this?

Sponsored Links
at a guess it could be the module gone as i get this problem alot.
have a look for burn marks or dry joints on the board

Not sure about your one but some Indesits have a fuse mounted on the circuit board.

I have looked at the PCB module and there are no burn marks, or as far as I can tell dry joints. This module does not have a fuse fitted. The only problem found was arcing on one of the board contacts, cleaning this off has made no difference.
One thing I am not sure about is a black plastic moulding mounted on the end of the motor over the motor shaft. This has two white wires from it and these are open circuit. Is this correct? What does this part do, is it a tacho feedback for the controls?

Sponsored Links
Yes, it is the tacho coil and should read somewhere in the hundreds of ohms range so this may be your problem I don't know if this is available as a spare part but your local appliance repairer might be able to find you a secondhand one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back