Indesit wg1432 problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have an Indesit w/m which has worked perfectly for 7+ years. It recently stopped in mid prgramme just before rinse/spin cycle (drum still rotating slowly). After emptying and draining I checked and cleaned filter, pump and hoses and now machine won't even fill with H or C water on any programme setting and there is a whirring noise (sounds like the pump running with no water) when spin cycle selected.

Checked the motor brushes and there is about 6 or 7mm left on the shorter side and no sign of arcing or burning. When a wash programme is selected (the power light is on and there is water at both infill points) the door can still be opened although I guess this may be normal.

Any help/suggestions greatly appreciated. :(

Rob

Sponsored Links
It would be a good idea to change those brushes as there is a chance of damaging the motor if you leave them to wear out fully. Sounds like the door switch has failed if it is not locking or filling with water.

Thanks for the reply and assistance Fidom. Yes, I will replace the carbons anyway and hopefully with a new door lock I'll have a working m/c again.

Will let you know :D

Rob

Sponsored Links
Just a short post to end this thread. Door interlock was indeed faulty, m/c then took in water but blew MCB at water heating stage. Water heater tested as faulty and although new brushes ordered they are not fitted yet so I decided to do what any true amateur does....... I bought a new washing machine ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back