indesit washer dryer washing only halfway then drain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, my indesit washer/dryer starts washing just 1-2 mins then draining with selector clicks around and light flashing 15 times between the pause. but when i started on "spin" then it can finish the cycles. have read through many posts on the forum, it seems nobody mentioned 15 flashes, is it a valid fault code?
please help, my new year break is becoming a "labour holiday".

many thanks
lins

Sponsored Links
It's a valid code. Problem with the dryer heater. Check the heater element, any cut outs and there's a relay on the pcb.

Power off before working on your appliance

thanks heaps for your rapid reply, have checked the heater on the top, believe the fault should be on the pcb board. i took out the control board, there are 6 identical relays on the pcb, how do i know which one is for "heater"?

thank you very much for your help.

lins

The heater on top is for the dryer side of your machine, there's a heater at the bottom rear for the water.
Trace the wiring from the heater back to the board, trace the copper track to the relay.
Make sure you check the wiring at the heater, they have a habit of breaking internally at the connector. Might look ok but a good tug and the insulation snaps. Meter the cables from the module to the heater.

Unplug your appliance before working on it

Sponsored Links
Does F15 point to the "dryer heater" fault or "water heater" fault? There are different Relays for them on pcb.
Many posts mentioned F8 as "heater related" fault, just wondering if both mean the same thing or one is for 'dryer heater' and the other is for 'water heater'?
one more stupid question is how do i measure the relay to see if it is faulty?

You've been so helpful, thank you very much.

lins

tiredengineer said:
Problem with the dryer heater.

As per previous post, it's a problem with the dryer heater.
You need to meter the stats, heater element and wiring back to the board. If everything checks out ok that only leaves the board. Ensure that all connections to the board are tight.
A relay is used as a switch, it only switches when power is applied to it and you should never work on anything live.
Some of these machines have a cable coming from the heater which passes under a clamp, if yours is fitted with this check this cable as it contains a thermal fuse and if the cool down period isn't used on the dryer this fuse blows.
If you are still unable to resolve the problem I can only suggest calling in an engineer to diagnose and repair the fault. Please get a price for repair first before giving the go ahead.

Unplug your appliance before working on it.

Now come to the funny part, i replaced the "dryer heater relay", seems nothing changed, ie. still get F15 fault. then i replaced the "water heater relay", it works this time. but only last 2 washes! when i did 3th washes, the machine aborted again but got F8 this time instead of previous F15. then i replaced "water heater relay" again, now got F8 again. have checked elements and wires etc, appears all good, so must be pcb problem, it is frastrating but also kind of interesting, PLEASE GIVE SOME MORE HELP, i think i am getting there.

HAPPY NEW YEAR, THANK YOU HEAPS.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back