Indesit Washing Machine - No wash

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening all,

I have an Indesit IWC6125S washing machine that has decided not to work. The machine fills and imeediately drains with the wash light flashing. I have cleaned the pump and associated pipework from the drum with no joy.

Please help as the washing pile is gowing.........

Sponsored Links
Early morning bump. My apologies but desperate to get this sorted....

Thanks

I think this machine has an anti flood device. Which is a float located at the bottom of the machine. check the float.
Make sure the water is not just flowing out of the waste pipe because the pipe is to low.

The washing machine has been working fine for 18 months and there has been no change to the set-up. The pump is definately pumping out the water.

Thanks for the reply.

Sponsored Links
There is no anti-flood device on this model.
Which number light(s) flash (there are several different versions & the wash LED isn't always in the same position).
On models with horizontal LED's count L to R (1-2-3-4). With vertical LED's count bottom to top.

Thanks for the reply :).

I have a vertical set of LEDs and its the top one, so number 4.

Cheers

The LED status indicates a shorted motor triac on the pcb. Before calling Hotpoint (who will probably offer to change the pcb for £100 including labour) try this: Check the motor connection plug is tight & there are no loose wires, then remove the pcb connection plugs one at a time & re-seat them. A loose/bad connection on either can throw up this fault. If that doesn't help the pcb is history.
Remember to pull the mains plug before checking the above.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back