Indesit WD - Keeps filling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Indesit Washer/Dryer, quite possibly the most unreliable piece of rubbish I have ever owned.

Not sure of the model, it has 5 LEDs on the right to indicate the stage in the cycle it is at in green with a red door lock light at the bottom.

When I select a program sometimes the top one of these lights flashes slowly, other times it is steady. Either way the machine just keeps filling and filling. Eventually something triggers it to pump out and then it fills again and again. I can then manually switch it to a rinse or spin cycle and that seems to be ok.

I guess there is either a pressure or level switch which tells the machine to stop filling which is faulty or the PCB is goosed?

Sponsored Links
Best to check the simple things first. Yes, there is a pressure switch at the top of the machine and a thin hose running from that to a pressure vessel which is probably fitted to the sump hose of the machine. That pressure vessel could well be bunged up with soap residue so you need to remove it and wash it out. If that is not blocked it could be that there is a hole in the thin hose. If you blow down that hose from the pressure vessel end you should hear one or more clicks from the pressure switch.

Thanks for that. Took the hose out, went to wash and found a hole in it. It has been rubbing against the side of the machine where the drum has been spinning.

Anyway checked the switch by covering the hole and blowing down it. That clicks.

£2 for a new hose job done!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back