Indesit- WDG1095W Washing machine Door wont open

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Indesit WDG1095W and the door is locked shut. I ran a wash cycle and it opened fine, then ran a drying cycle and it now won't open. I have ran it through another couple of wash cycles to see if that would help but obviously not.

It doesn't have any water visable in the drum and I have also had the drain pipe off and nothing came out either. having partially stripped it down I see it has an electrical interlock switch on the door mechanism.

Basically I was wondering is there any way I can manually open the door to get my clothes out?? and secondly what might the problem be causing the door to stay locked, Faulty interlock switch? Another switch which is holding it closed?? Any help will be greatly appreciated!! Cheers

Sponsored Links
There is a silver pin in the lock that you can slide back from the inside. Or place a piece of string on the door grove on the right and pull both ends to the left to unlock.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back