Indesit WE16 fills with too much water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When running a wash programme, I have noted that the drum fills to about 3/4 volume with water. The display then shows an -H20 error. When I phoned Indesit, they could not explain what the problem was as -H20 normally means the machine isnt filling!

The wash cycle then contines as normal but at certain times it then adds 10, maybe 20 minutes to the timer. So it never ends.

The only way to get to the end of the cycle is to interrupt it, and then do a manual drain.

What is going on here?

I have also noticed some brown, flaky gunk appearing on the clothes. Is this connected, or something different?

Sponsored Links
presure pipe disconnected or blocked presure chamber

remove lid and check presure pipe on the right hand side runs down to the bottom is it connected to the switch on top ,if so blow down the pipe .

Sponsored Links
Have blown down the pressure pipe and doesnt appear to be a blockage.

Machine still overfills. Switch problem???

fill drum with water till it reaches the bottom of the door and then unplug mc and blow though the presure pipe it should produce bubbles in the drum ,if it dont pipe is blocked.

Called out a local engineer in the end as thought it was easier.

He checked out the pressure system and was fairly adamant all was OK. Therefore, put it down to either a "valve" or possibly the circuit board. He has gone away to check out the error code (even though I told him 3 times what it meant, and that this was not what was actually happening) and will call me tomorrow.

Does a valve or circuit board problem sound legit, or does it sound like he hasnt got a clue?!

he cant repair the circuit board it needs a laptop to prog it.

he cant repair the circuit board it needs a laptop to prog it.

I think he's hinting at just buying a new machine.

From all the research I've done it seems to me to be a simple problem. I'm inclined to open it up again myself and double check the pipe/switch. Am i right in thinking that I can test the switch by detaching the other end (attached to the chamber) and blowing, and if its working it should click?

I didnt check the chamber last time coz to be honest, I didnt think I could actually get to it!

blow in presure switch it will click ,blow down pipe to clear blockage .

Is it feasible that once the blockage has been cleared, that the PCB needs to be reset? thinking that without doing this the PCB will still think there is a fault and continue to overfill.

If so , how do I reset the PCB? Engineer is waiting for Indesit to call back and I want to speed things up a bit.

no .no reset . hes waiting for indesit to get back to him i smell a rat .this is gonna cost you big time all he has to do is blow down the pipe and make sure presure switch clicks .i stake my life on it being a blocked presure pipe .

no .no reset . hes waiting for indesit to get back to him i smell a rat .this is gonna cost you big time all he has to do is blow down the pipe and make sure presure switch clicks .i stake my life on it being a blocked presure pipe .

Have already done this myself - switch clicks and no blockage.

Just thought I'd post an update to this.

Rang engineers (yes I had to chase them!) - once they realised that the model was over 7 years old (and not 4 like they originally thought), they confirmed that the board CANNOT be reset - and I would have to buy a replacement board. So it looks like I'm going to buy a new machine.

They confirmed that when they looked at the pressure system they found it to be free from blockages and that the switch was not faulty. Therefore they have put it down to a fault on the board.

If I can find someone who will give me a second opinion free of charge I will go for it, for peace of mind - but just wanted to hear other people's views on whether I've just been fobbed off (I know thats what you think rocks1 - thanks for your input on this by the way).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back