Indesit WI121 - dial keeps spinning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

the belt came off my Indesit WI121. I've put it back on again, but now when I select a cycle it washes the powder into the drum and starts to turn the drum but then stops - the light flashes and then the programme dial starts to spin round on its own and won't stop - the washer also starts to drain automatically when this happens.
The manual says let the draining finish, turn washer off, select an "end programme" and turn on again to reset. If same thing happens then call engineer. Same thing happens every time.

Any ideas on why washer doesn't work right since I put the belt back on again - that's all I've done!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
have just read other posts regarding "spinning dials" with other Indesit machines.
I haven't counted the number of flashes to indicate what the fault is, but going off expert "sleepyhead" the number of flashes doesn't always indicate the correct fault.
I take it that guessing a wiring fault may not be too far off the mark?

Could "walking" the washing machine in and out from beneath the worktop have loosened something, when I pulled it out to put the belt back on?

why did belt come off?maybe bearing gone and has damage done to heater?

You still need to count the flashes. They are a guide to diagnosing the problem.

Sponsored Links
I counted the flashes - 8 flashes! Same as everyone else it seems. Sleepyhead, you mentioned an error chart, can this be found online or is it an engineer's "bible" thingy?

Does it sound like something an amatuer could fix or solve or is it a bit too complex? Basically, is it worth just getting a new cheapish machine rather than forking out for call out fees etc etc?

Cheers

Unscrew the pressure switch from its mount and thump it against the concrete block. Not hard enough to break it, just enough to shock it.
Refit, reset the machine and try the again.
The error code is "heater relay cannot be activated". Either no power to it or the main pcb is faulty.

I removed the tube and connector from the pressure switch and gave it a couple of thumps against the concrete block. When I reset the machine and tried it again the original problem didn't reoccur (see above) but now the powder tray rinses with water and the drum starts to turn, but the machine doesn't fill up with water and continue on it's cycle - it just keeps spinning :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back