Indesit WI121 program knob keeps turning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, over the last 2 weeks this problem has cropped up each time I've used my machine. It is 3 years old and has done this before, but following the instruction booklet it has always worked after setting the knob to stop/reset. Now I just keep trying till it works.....just pot luck and has taken up to an hour and I end up using anything that'll work program wise. Please can someone offer some advice. Many thanks Lex. :(

Sponsored Links
the knob turning is indicating a fault

A light should be flashing as well in a sequence

this is the fault code (can be a red herring though indesit are not very specific)

Thanks Leccy the light flashes in a sequence of 8.
I fiddle with it for 1/2 or so and finally get it going.....starting the machine after periods od off at a stop point on the dial.
It's pure hit and miss.
Has anyone got a way of getting it started which takes less time.

Cheers Lex

Not sure with this model as I am not at work but F8 is usually something to do with the heating circuit

I have found the wires broken to the heating element but most common is a circuit board fault (relays or switching for relays not working)

The fault tends to get worse untill it is unusable, if the element and thermostat/thermister is ok it would seem a new board is in order

Personally I dont recommend Indesit as I have seen too many electronic faults with them 'covers Hotpoint, Indesit, Creda, Ariston all the same company'

Sponsored Links
Cheers for your help again.
My wash is working now......again after tinkering with it for 1/2 hour or so.

Do you have a rough idea how much a new pcb would cost/repair man etc etc......I have no idea.

The machine is only 3 years old and if it was say £60 or so total to repair I'd be up for that otherwise a new machine I suppose!!! GRRRRR just had my boiler done this week too.

And I want a new cooker.....thats what I really want!!!

Again thanks for answering.

Cheers Rocks......not too bad.......are these things that could be fitted by people like me!!!!!! :rolleyes: :eek:

yes just got plug in connecters easy

So its as easy a unscrew a few screws etc etc.....and unplug and plug in......thing is how do you get to it!!!???

I'll have a close look later.

Might be tempted to play around if it totally dies!!! :-O

I have just had this same problem and tried all sorts of variations with the on off etc etc. what I have just discovered is I am trying to do a number 8 wash which is delicates I tried everything I know and still the bloody knob started to spin continuously then I discovered that if you have the temp setting knob higher than the wash you are trying to do then it spins as soon as I turned down the temp it was off thank goodness I was ready for some scrapping of a washer otherwise

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back