Indesit program stuck & dial knob turns on it's own!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 5 year old Indesit washing machine. Sorry I can't remember the model number but I think it was one of the cheapest ones available. I will check when I get home if it's really helpful for an answer.

I am having problems in the past 2 washes, where when I select a wash, it fills up, spins for a bit, then drains & stops. If I turn the dial forward slightly, the dial moves around by itself back to the beginning of the cycle & then starts again filling up, spinning, then draining for 5 minutes before stopping again.

I have tested this on the delicates 40'C (program 7) & wool 40'C (program 9) & have the same problem. I haven't had time yet to check other full wash programs to see if it does the same. When I select the rinse/spin program, it does this without problems.

There is only one light on the machine above the on/off button. This only flashes when the cycle has finished after the final spin. I will double check when I get home tonight but I don't remember seeing any flashing lights when the program gets stuck.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
indesits remember where they were in the program and you try to manually move it in it will return itself back to where it left off.

with the machine off, turn the dial to the dot at the end of the program.

turn the machine on for about 10 secs. and turn off again.

this should reset it.

if its full if water still, turn the dial to the spin symbol and turn on. This should start the pump and drain the machine. Once it starts spinning, switch off, tunr the dial to the dot and turn on for 10 sec to reset again.

should work as normal from there on.

ps. check the filter while you're at it. mine had an ikea label stuck in it which made to behave strangely too! ;)

Sorry for the long delay in replying! I attempted another cycle the day after posting this but there was a power cut!

When the power resumed, the washing machine completed it's cycle.

I have used the washing machine many times since It's working fine for me on all the programs I have tried.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back