INDESIT WIB101 won't go to spin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would appreciate help identifying the cause and suggestions as to how I can fix the following problem please.

Up until last week our usual setting of No 5 went through the wash cycle and automatically on to spin dry clothes.

Now, whatever setting we try the machine won't automatically go through to spin.

We haven't done anything unusual e.g. moved or damaged the machine or switched it off from the mains in the middle of a cycle etc.

Any help will be very much appreciated,
Bern

Sponsored Links
Check the motor brushes for wear.

Rocks1,

Thanks for such a quick and helpful reply.

This will be the first time I will have had a look under the hood of a washing machine. can you give me an idea of where the motor will be and how I get to it please?

The simpler the better if you can help with instructions will be appreciated.

Many thanks,
Bern

There are loads of vids on you tube with step by step instructions for changing motor brushes.

Sponsored Links
Remove the rear cover at the back, motor is down on the bottom go to you tube to see how to remove the brushes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back