Indesit WIDL126 Dryer not working...

I believe so too..... :cry:

I'll have another check thru it tomorrow, but I don't hold out much hope..

I've looked on the site you suggest and found pcb for £50, which is well worth it. I just need to make sure I order the correct one and also I'm worried about connecting it up. How difficult is it ? :?:

Sponsored Links
Just plug and play but take photo of wiring. Just in case. Emw will tell if pcb is faulty and send replacement.

:)

A quick update on the Indesit, I managed to get the machine back into working order, and the washing cycle is back to normal - we just get the error code 1,2 & 4 when I try to use the dryer. I'm not sure what is needed there, the heater gets hot, the fan works and there is hot vapour coming through a round hole (looks like a screw hole, on the top of the heater casing, but I think it is a vent for steam?) so it looks as if the dryer should work, but the heat doesn't go to the drum where its needed ?
Is a new pcb needed for this problem ?

:?:

Yes that's a steam vent. It's suppose to have a hole in it. The only way that heat don't reach the drum is either the condenser is blocked or the vent at the front of the dryer is blocked with fluff. Did you split the heater box.

Sponsored Links
I took the casing off the heater, but how do I split the heater box ?
I need to get at the condenser to check to see if it's blocked, is this possible ? I flushed it out as you suggested, but if its truly blocked can it be accessed ?
Thankx Rocks :)

Once you undo the bolts fit the heater box. Then you undo the 6 torx screws then it splits apart. The condenser can be unscrewed from the back , undo the rear panel and on the left is a jubilee clip round the bottom of the condenser.

Did I split the heater box when I took it apart and checked the fan turned properly ? I undid the box using my new Torque screwdriver set, took the top off - is there more splitting needed underneath ?
I'll take off the rear panel tomorrow and clean out the condenser.
Thanx :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back