Indesit WIDL126 unusual control board fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As this item is no longer available I thought someone might be interested in my successful repair.
Symptoms are all the lights flashing very rapidly and dimly (not a fault code) more of a flicker than a flash, but the lights are normal if the cable is unplugged from the motor!
It took me 1/2 a day to find it after looking at the power supply and motor Triac circuits (much reverse engineering as no schematics from Indesit). Did all the usual stuff of changing psu caps but no difference.
The problem was an open circuit via on the positive voltage rail, follow the track underside from C16+ and there is a via to a topside track that goes right across the board, this was open/high impedance, simply pin it (remove solder resist both sides, force tinned copper wire through the hole & solder both sides).
This tiny via carries the entire positive board supply current so not surprising it eventually failed!
After repair insulate under adjacent C20 topside to prevent pin-head from shorting to can (vibration).
P1170839.JPGP1170843.JPG
As for Indesit spares availability words fail me, they tried to sell me a new machine!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back