Indesit WIDL146 fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

A year ago, I bought the aforementioned washer dryer second hand. The first time I tried turning the machine on, it already showed problems. After a couple of weeks, the machine suddenly started working perfectly and I started using it once a week without any problem. Now, a year later, the machines started showing the same problems.

After starting the program, the machine starts filling the machine with water, the drum rotates a couple of times to the left and to the right and then it stops. The first (delay) and third (rinse extra) lights start blinking slowly and the lock light starts blinking quickly. Then the machine stops the program and starts draining the water.

According to this web site, this means "Pressure switch or level sensor not sensing correctly". I have tested the pressure switch with my multimeter and it seems to work well. Also the hose which connects the pressure switch to the pressure chamber seems to be clear and open.

Before calling an expensive technician, is there anything else I can test? I think it's strange it didn't work at first, then out of the blue it started working and now it shows exactly the same problems...

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Rutger

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back