Indesit WIDL146 - Light 1, 2 and 4 flashing on drying cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with my Indesit WIDL146 Washer / Dryer.

When it goes to the drying cycle it stops and lights 1, 2 and 4 flash away. Washing works normally.

I found this thread //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=185931 which indicates that lights 1, 2 and 4 flashing means it's the dryer NTC / fan.

Could somebody please tell me if a) this can be replaced by me and if b) this is the right part - http://www.espares.co.uk/parts/washing-machines/indesit/widl146uk/p/1085/805/0/658969?page=2

Many many thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
First of all check the thin wires that go to the ntc on the heater box are they broken. Next split the heater box is there loads of fluff on the fan blades. The check the condenser at the back is it blocked. When u take the heater box off u can remove the cold supply pipe and place in in the top of the condenser and give it a good flush though with water. I take it the heater and themo cut is working on the top does it get hot.

Many thanks for that rocks1. I will pull the machine out and go into the back of it.

The fluff you mention is always something that has worried me. With dryers in the past they have ALWAYS had a fluff filter that you can pull out and clean. There is nothing on this one and no mention of it in the manual - I've always wondered with this one - where does it go!?!?!?!?!

Sponsored Links
Down the condenser it goes you will see with the Heater box off

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back